December 14, 2012

Paper Wreath Tutorial

Hello and happy Friday!  I'd love to show how I created a holiday wreath using the December Creative Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

Kit supplies:
Approximately 80 strips of 12-inch x 1/2-inch patterned paper
wide decorative ribbon
large chipboard shape (not shown)

Additional supplies:
10-inch styrofoam wreath
hot glue gun and several glue refills
pencil

Roll a 12-inch x 1/2-inch patterned paper strip tightly around the barrel of a pencil to form a loop shape, then let the paper loop unroll slightly.

Using a hot glue gun, adhere the rolled loop to the styrofoam wreath.

Continue rolling and hot gluing the paper strips one at a time onto the wreath. Be sure to alternate the paper patterns and to glue the loops in a variety of directions so as to cover the white styrofoam base and to add interest to the finished project.

When I had about half of the paper loops glued down, I paused and hot glued the large chipboard snowman onto an empty area of the wreath. That way I could be sure that I had left enough room for him on there. Then, I continued rolling and gluing the paper loops until the entire wreath was covered.

Form a pretty bow with the wide decorative ribbon and hot glue it in place for the finishing touch.

This is such a simple, fun way to dress up any room for the holidays.  I hope you'll try it!

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS