January 4, 2012

Momenta Cards

Hi friends!  I have two cards on the Momenta blog today.  The first is a bracket-shaped thank you card using the pretty Butterfly Garden collection.


A machine isn't needed to make a shaped card if you are willing to trace and hand-cut.  If you come across a shape that you like (from a collection kit, from packaging, printed from the internet, etc.) hang on to it so that you can use it as a template.  That is what I did here.  I have a handful of templates that I like to trace around for cards and borders and such but I found this particular bracket shape from the incredibly talented Karola Witczak.  For this card I layered several different pieces of the Butterfly Garden patterned cardstock as well as some border-punched white cardstock before cutting them into the bracket shape.


Next is a birthday card using the fun Let's Party collection.


Square cards are another favorite of mine.  This one is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and based on a Mojo Monday sketch (see below).  I added some liquid pearls and some glitter glue to the super cute layered embellishments to help them stand out even more.  Momenta's vellum message stickers are perfect for card sentiments.



If you would like to view my supply lists, visit the Momenta blog, here.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Both are so so pretty and fabulous and I can see you bought a new leaves punch...

Meg Giroux said...

These are fabulous! I love the shaped one, so original!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS