August 6, 2010

SD4U August Reveal!

It's the first week of the month, so it's reveal time at Scrapbook Deals 4 U kit club!

I had the pleasure of working with the super cute "Sweet Summertime" kit this month and let me tell you the color combos are wonderful! I loved each of the papers and all of the sweet embellishments that Martha included in the kit. I've finished 4 layouts and 2 cards so far... I still have some of the kit left!



Mommy's Babydoll: I'm not sure how it got started but I've been calling Allison "babydoll" a lot. So I thought it would be a perfect title for this photo. I sprayed the background paper with suede Glimmer Mist and then punched all those holes in the scallops with a regular office-type hole punch so that brown cardstock that I grabbed from my stash would show through. I made those two light blue ribbon flowers using the pretty ribbon that was included in the kit. The rest of the flowers with the exception of the plain white one are various styles of Primas that I grabbed from my stash. The alphas are also from my stash. I love the pearl flourishes that Martha included in the kit!  By the way, the dress that Allison's wearing came in the mail as a surprise from her grandpa :)



Boutique Dress: Allison's grandpa also got her this cute dress from a fancy boutique up in Jackson Hole when he recently visited us. I had poor lighting when I took this photo so unfortunately the dress isn't showing its pretty colors very well here. The white background cardstock is misted with the Honey Dew Glimmer Mist from the kit. That large blue layer of the big flower was made by twisting the ric rak from the kit into a circle shape. I cut those big green petals by first tracing around one of those small catseye inks! It was the perfect shape for what I was looking for. I added in the light pink cardstock, some white fabric paint, and some alphas from my stash.



Grateful: I used a sketch by Liz Qualman as a starting point for this one. The white patterned paper is misted with Bubblegum Glimmer Mist from my stash. I also added that white doily and white fabric paint but everything else is from the kit. I especially love those pearl flourishes and adorable Maya Road flowers that Martha included! That cute dress that Allison's wearing was sent to her from her granny.



Sweet Sunshine: I used another one of Liz Qualman's sketches for this one. Everything here is from the kit. The background cardstock is misted with the Honey Dew Glimmer Mist that was included. I made that multicolored paper flower by twisting a piece of paper from the kit into that shape and hot gluing it in the center.



I thought this tree was just too cute not to use on a card! I used foam tape behind it to pop it off the card. Those red sequins made the perfect apples and I'm so glad Martha included them. I added the kraft cardstock and the alphas from my stash.  The inside says, "I'd pick you."



I find that I can always use blank cards but I never have enough of them around. So I added some of the paper scraps and ribbon from the kit to a piece of kraft cardstock from my stash. Simple but happy card!


I hope you can see that this kit is very versatile and super cute!  There are a few left in the SD4U store so go grab one!

6 comments:

Jcbaron99 said...

Love these! The princess is going to have one amazing album!! I really LOVE the first one - and that dress she is wearing is precious!!

BAHGL said...

Kristine,
I LOVE all your LO's especially the first one!!
Hugs to you girl!!

LG said...

WOW this are all so beautiful! You never cease to amaze me

DeeDee said...

Love the sweet dresses! :) Her layouts are just adorable.

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO, love the colors and the butterfly

Chanray said...

what a lovely gorl, i love the page with those pretty flowers.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS